Saturday, December 19, 2009

All the news...

It has been a good month! The Aidan's Attic store is up and stocked on Etsy, and I've made a few sales!

Today I got some really fun news- an organization I came across a couple weeks ago - Black Cat Rescue - has agreed to partner with Aidan's Attic. This is awesome. Those who know me personally (or read the previous post), know I have a beautiful black cat, Aidan. Aidan was adopted a little over five years ago, and it was then I was told that black cats are at a marked disadvantage for being adopted out for a variety of reasons- all of them ridiculous. It doesn't help that most shelters won't adopt out black cats during October, because of the novelty factor and the risk of physical/ emotional damage to the black cats.
Black Cat Rescue is a no-kill rescue organization in Boston, MA. Their all-volunteer network of foster homes in the Greater Boston area is dedicated to saving the lives of homeless black cats and kittens by providing foster care while actively seeking loving, permanent adoptive homes.

I will be donating 10% of all sales of pet "stuff" (collars, leashes, toys etc...) from my Etsy store and whatever craft shows I end up doing on a monthly basis and documenting that here for you skeptics.

That is all for now- it's not too late to order for Christmas delivery! Anything that is ordered this weekend earns free Priority Mail shipping and will go out first thing Monday morning. Packages should be delivered on 12/24!

We've got a heck of a storm coming our way... it should start snowing soon, and isn't predicted to stop for a good 24 hours. I intend on sewing and drinking coffee and cuddling with Aidan. He needs lots of warm hugs throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment